Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lemonade?

My friend Sandra plied her friends with promises of watermelon and watermelon-themed drinks for her birthday party, so I made sure to eat well before heading over. I started the day with the Simple Cafe again, and ordered another delicious meal with a lot of liquids. This time it was french toast with coffee, orange juice, and a mango mimosa. I haven't been able to go wrong there yet. Our next stop was the Greenmarket in Union Square. I searched high and low for lemonade here. Then I expanded my search to the neighboring cafes and to a kiosk that called itself a juice bar. No lemonade to be had anywhere in Union Square in the middle of summer. Amazing. I settled for some cold mint tea from one of the farm vendors that actually hit the spot perfectly. Dinner was at a great Japanese place, Go, in Greenwich Village. The highlight here was some rice with ume (plum) that you pour a savory green tea mixture over, but we also got some really good spicy tuna rolls.

Starting the day right:


French toast:


I love Japanese food:

No comments:

Post a Comment