Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 11 Google & Khyber Pass


For lunch we went and visited our friend Greg Travis at Google New York. A truly bizarre place full of strange corridors and razor scooters.

Greg brought us to the cafeteria where their was such a huge variety of food I couldn't see why anyone working there wouldn't just bring there laptop in there and eat all day. That's what I would do even if the food was a little mediocre.

I can't really remember what I had, some salad and soup and some rock hard chicken. I do remember that when I followed the arrow pointing to the bathroom I was led to a strange area that seemed to be part of another building. I couldn't get out of this area without a security code. I almost panicked then I just followed someone else in, even if there where signs everywhere saying "beware of tailgaters".

Weird!

Dinner was also a weird environment but with much better food. We ate at Khyber Pass, an Afghan restaurant in the heart of St. Marks Place.

I'd never had Afghan food before so I was exited to try is out. I got a sort of lamb spinach stew thing. It was quite tasty. It was like a cross between indian food, middle eastern food and for some reason Philippine food.

The weird part of the visit was the thing we sat on. It was an elevated sort of booth/coach that your supposed to sit cross legged at like at some Japanese restaurants. The only problem was there was literally no place to put your feet. It was the most uncomfortably seating situation I've ever had and it looked so comfy at first.

Anyways the food was great and we sat at the only table that had this strange set up so I'd still suggest it.

No comments:

Post a Comment