Saturday, July 18, 2009

All Your Wheat Are Belong To Us

I had visions of going to Coney Island today and only having ice cream and deep fried oreos to eat so I decided to stock up on my typical snack while here: cereal with milk and blueberries. Once at Coney Island we stopped in at Tatiana, a Russian place along the boardwalk on the Brighton Beach end. I ordered the mini-pastry plate since I wasn't in the mood for a whole fried fish. The little canoli-like bites were good, but I liked the fruit that came around it best - blueberries, raspberries, and a strawberry.

Dinner was at PT near where we're staying. I highly recommend it. It was magical to go into the back garden (which really does have a garden) and sip red wine next to a lavender plant with fireflies starting to flicker as the sunlight disappeared. We ordered only starters, since that way you get to try more things, and the portions were delightfully big. I ate crostini with eggplant, asparagus with parmesan, and a beet salad that also came with raisins, pine nuts, thin strips of carrot, and gorgonzola. And since Damian is gluten-intolerant, I also got to eat the entire bread basket.

The wheat is all mine!


Beet salad with gorgonzola and raisins:


Asparagus with cheese:


Crostini:


The scenery at PT:

No comments:

Post a Comment