Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 10 Coney Island & PT


If yesterday was all about the places on my list that involved food, today was about the one thing that didn't. Unless you count fried clams and corn dogs as food. Today was the day we went to Coney Island.

Food wise it was a little unremarkable even if otherwise it was awesome. I ate a corn dog and fries at "Beer Island" immediately after arriving then we walked the full length of the board walk and got some food at a Russian place called Tatiana that had live fish in aquariums under there dance floor.

I ordered a quite good shrimp cocktail although looking at every one else's plates I wished I'd ordered something more complex. There whole fish looked great, hell even their salads looked amazing.

For dinner we went to a place called PT right next to our apartment. It's a very classy looking Italian place with a beautiful outside garden in the back. I was enticed by the promise of bronzino on their menu, a fish I love that we don't get much of on the west coast.

We where headed to a street festival later that night so we figured we'd order just a few lighter sides and leave some room for street food later. We shared a salad of assorted boiled beets, shaved carrots and a fantastic italian gorgonzola and an almost too cheesy (as if that's possible ) asparagus "gratin".

Kirstin got an eggplant crostini that looked awesome. I got a dish of chopped baby artichokes and home made sausage. Artichokes are by far my favorite food and something I order whenever it's on the menu. These where not the best I've had but they where well cooked, sliced and sauteed. Not exciting but so much better than some of the overcooked boring chokes I've eaten.

In the end we ate nothing at the street festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment