Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 14 (The Ultimate Day) Tai Thai & Kefi

We started our last day the same way we've done the entire trip; arguing about the question of brunch vs. lunch. After tramping up and down Bedford for our millionth and possibly last time we finally begrudgingly settled on going back to Tai Thai, the quite good Thai Place we'd gone to earlier that on our trip. It was just as good and efficient as I'd remembered.

For dinner we went with Kirstin's friend Sandra to a great Greek place on the Upper West Side called Kefi. The food was very good and priced pretty much as reasonably as anything I'd had back in my beloved Astoria.

We ordered four appetizers for the table; an amazing sort of califlower/tomato salad, a feta caper olive concoction and some sardines. Everything came with caperberries and feta cheese on it witch was just great by me.

I also finally got the branzino I was hopping for. It just the way I wanted it; perfectly pan fried and served with a nice mix of roasted tomatoes, potatoes and olives.

A meal full of feta and love.


Sandra and a large amount of food

My beloved Branzino

An Ouzo sour, the only drinkable ouzo I've ever had


No comments:

Post a Comment