Sunday, July 19, 2009

Apparently I Eat a Lot of Eggplant

We had lunch at New York Google's cafeteria with our friend Greg. I reverted to my old Google cafeteria behavior of just making a salad at the salad bar to avoid lines at the grill and to avoid the temptation to eat way way too much. Of course I also grabbed one (or two) of the desserts at the end, which included a cake-like vegan cherry cookie. The food was good and the view of the city was amazing.

We met up with my friend Mike for dinner on St. Mark's after visiting the Museum of Sex where we learned about homosexual penguins. We went to an Afghan place, Khyber Pass, and sat at the window table, which was raised up on a platform so you could sit cross legged on long pillows to eat. The atmosphere was cool (literally and figuratively) which was a welcome break from walking the avenues in hot humid weather. I had eggplant with yogurt, which was a nice consistency and filling without being heavy. I can't remember ever having eaten Afghan food, but I would definitely seek it out again.

Eggplant:

No comments:

Post a Comment