Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 13 (The Penultimate Day) The Simple Cafe &

For lunch we went back to the Simple cafe of which I have nothing new to say. I ate the exact same thing and had a very similar experience. Grrr... if a salad's $10 I do not want it to be "simple".
The accursed burger with no-bun of the wheat intolerant.

For dinner me and Kirstin Planned on splitting up. A plan I'm glad to say we failed in because we ended up going to a place I've been wanting to go back to for some time. A little Japanese place on St. Mark's called "Go".

All the food I've had at Go has been good (except the time I tried Natto there, but that was the Natto's fault). The one thing I wanted to go back for was the Ochazuke, a Japanese "peasant dish" made by pouring green tea mixed with dashi over rice and topping it with varying ingredients.

We ordered the Umeboshi one. It's deep hearty dish that you can just imagine tastes even better in the cold winter months of Kyoto. I've never seen it on any other menu in the U.S. and I've been looking for it for years. Having finally gotten to taste it again I think I've figured it out and I'm intent on trying it at home. In fact I bought all the ingredients today.


No comments:

Post a Comment